Victims of Crimes

What You Can Do If You Are a Victim of Crime. You Have Rights. You Can Get Help. Download Brochure

Friday, August 9, 2013

A Winter Solstice Story - GHung - Open Salon

A Winter Solstice Story - GHung - Open Salon
On Winter Solstice, December 21-22, 1996, I was teaching, translating and interpreting until 9:30 p.m. when I returned to my Lombard home, to find my Father, Mr. Roberto Hung, who had also returned from working at the Dominick's Food Store in Oakbrook Terrace in the evening. My Father wanted to talk to me about Christmas Gifts for December 1996 when he gave me personal checks for my Brother and Mother, my husband Nathan and myself, including another check for the Lombard Fire Department in the amount of $25.00 donation for the Holiday Fund. Afterwards, Mr. Roberto Hung went upstairs to make his late dinner...

Needless to say, I spent an entire "blue holiday" Christmas Day during 1996 at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital while the neurosurgeon operated on my Father, Mr. Roberto Hung who suffered from a severe traumatic brain injury with an aneurysm after he was hit with a blunt object on the head  by a Lombard intruder unbeknown to my Father upstairs on the second floor, while he was at home eating salmon during dinnertime upstairs on a winter solstice night.  My Father, Mr. Roberto Hung went into a deep comatose state which lasted close to one and a half to two months at Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, DuPage County, Illinois.  December 1996 was the saddest "blue holiday"...and two years thereafter, my Father, Mr. Roberto Hung was attacked again during his sleep at Vencor Northlake Hospital by medical staff who killed him while he was asleep in the morning.
Throughout the year 2011, I have kept the New Year's Resolution to remember my late Father Mr. Roberto Hung who was abused, throttled and murdered at Vencor Northlake Hospital by Respiratory Therapist Ben Aguilar,  around 7 a.m. on June 18, 1998--before Father's Day.

No comments: